The M. Tech. programme in Computer Science and Engineering (code: MCS) is a Masters programme offered to students who are interested in advanced learning and research in any area of computer science.
Applicants to this programme are expected to already have an excellent background in computer science. (It is not a skills conversion programme).
The programme is a 60-credit degree programme, which is usually spread over 4 semesters for a full-time student. About two-thirds of the credits involve coursework, and the remainder consists of project work. The emphasis is on conducting original research and writing a thesis (individually) that reports these results. The programme is flexible enough to allow a student to specialize in any topic of interest by taking elective courses and working on a research project in that area.
Placements have been excellent (100%), and our graduates have been employed at the top research laboratories and companies in the country and even abroad.
Students are provided top quality laboratory and infrastructure facilities. We endeavour to provide financial support at Master's level stipends to all GATE-qualified full-time students. Full-time students not resident in Delhi are given priority in allotment of hostel accommodation.
In addition to the general M.Tech degree, we also offer MTech degrees with specialization in any one of the following areas:
- Computer Graphics, Vision and Multimedia
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Algorithms and Complexity
- Formal Methods in Software
- Embedded Systems and Architecture
- Software Systems
The requirement for the specialization degreeis that the student must complete at least 30 credits in the area of specialization at the 700-level or higher, subject to the following constraints:
- Major Project parts 1 and 2 (adding up to 18 credits) are in that area. (The supervisor certifies that the project is in the area of specialization.)
- The remaining 12 credits are from the basket of courses identified for that area, with at least 3 credits at the 800 level. (In the case of Independent Study and some of the Special Topics courses, the supervisor/instructor indicates which specialization area.)
- Not more than 4 core credits apart from Major project (i.e., from Minor Project or CSL 758 Advanced Algorithms or CSL 718 Architecture of High Performance Systems) can be counted towards the 30 credits.
It is also possible to switch your programme of study mid-way. Interested students who have demonstrated excellence in their academic performance and research potential have the opportunity to convert to the Ph. D. programme or to the MS (Research) programme.