Some Unacceptable excuses for Similarity in Assignments
- I did not read the Important General Notes
- I did not read Some Unacceptable
excuses for Similarity in Assignments.
- (S)He knew my password and could access my account.
- I don't know how (s)he hacked into my account and stole it.
- Somehow the permissions were set all wrong in my account.
- We only discussed the algorithm before we wrote our own programs.
- I took only the algorithm from him/her, but I wrote my own code.
- I had left my terminal on when I went to visit the rest room.
- We made a deal - I did the odd numbered homeworks, and (s)he did the even.
- (S)he said that (s)he just wanted to look at it for reference, but
promised not to use it.
- I only showed it to him/her. I don't know how an exact copy was made.
- We are allowed to work in groups in some-other-course, so they had
access to my account.
- In the same hostel/room, it is very difficult to refuse help.
- I gave an earlier version.
- Even our faculty and system administrator copy scripts and code from
various sites. So what is wrong in doing it?
- Our other instructors encourage team work.
Last modified: Tue Jul 26 15:24:15 IST 2016