Instructor: Srikanta Bedathur
Course slot: AA (Mon., Thu. 2:00-3:30)
Location : Online (Microsoft Teams)
This will primarily be a paper reading and student presentation-driven course with very few lectures. The topics that will be covered include (tentative):
- Neural Information Retrieval
- neural retrieval architectures
- retrieval using pretrained embeddings - BERT, Roberta, etc.
- Complex question answering
- Multimodal retrieval
- Issues of fairness and bias, counterfactual reasoning
- Modeling information propagation in social networks, combating fake content
There will be a report-writing assignment, and an open-book exam based on topics covered in the course.
It is strongly recommended to have completed either COL764 or COL772 as a preparation for this course.
Only for Ph.D. and MSR students (intending to) working in this area, an exception can be made - please contact the instructor.
Grading scheme (tentative)