Yamuna Prasad Shukla
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
Room No. 401, Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
IV Floor, Bharti Building, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Hauzkhas,New Delhi, India -110016
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Advisors: Prof. K. K. Biswas and Prof. M. Hanmandalu
Research Committee: Dr. Parag Singla , Prof. Amit Kumar and Prof. Niladri Chatterjee
Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data, Soft Computing and Algorithms for Bioinformatics
PhD, Computer Science and Engineering, July, 2016.
M.Tech., Computer Science and Engineering, 2008.
B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering, 2004.
- Prasad Y., Khandelwal D. and Biswas, K. K., "Max-Margin Feature Selection", Pattern Recognition Letters, Elsevier, vol. 95, pp. 51-57, (2017)
- Prasad Y., Biswas K. K. & Hanmandlu M., "A Recursive PSO scheme for Gene Selection in Microarray Data", Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, vol. 71, pp. 213-225 (2018).
- Prasad Y., Biswas K. K., "Fuzzy rough based regularization in Generalized Multiple Kernel Learning", Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Elsevier, 66(10): 1770-1781 (2013).
- Prasad, Y., Biswas, K. K., and Jain, C. K., "siRNA Efficacy Prediction Using Multi-Task Multiple Kernel Learning", Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine,American Scientific Publishers, 6(1): 124-126 (2014).
- Jain C. K., Gupta M., Prasad Y., Wadhwa G., Sharma S. K.,"Homology modelling and molecular dynamics simulations of a protein serine/threonine phosphatase stp1 in Staphylococcus aureus N315: a potential drug target", Molecular Simulation, Taylor & Francis , 8(1): 0892-7022 (2014).
- Jain C. K., Gupta M., Prasad Y., Wadhwa G., Sharma S. K.,"Homology modeling and protein engineering of alkane monooxygenase in Burkholderia thailandensis MSMB121 enhancing the biodegradation potential: an insilico insight", Journal of Molecular Modeling, Springer, 20(7): 0948-5023 (2014).
Gupta M., Prasad Y., Sharma S. K. and Jain C. K.," Identification of Phosphoribosyl-AMP Cyclohydrolase as Drug Target and Its Inhibitors in Brucella Melitensis bv. 116M using Metabolic Pathway Analysis", Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics, Taylor & Francis, vol. 35, pp. 287-299 (2017).
- Gupta M., Chauhan R., Prasad Y., Wadhwa G. and Jain C. K., "Protein-protein interaction and molecular dynamics analysis for identification of novel inhibitors in Burkholderia cepacia GG4", Computational biology and chemistry, Elsevier, vol. 65, pp. 80-90 (2016).
Conferences (Peer Reviewed)
- Tomar D., Prasad Y., Thakur M. K., and Biswas K. K.,"Feature Selection using Autoencoders", ICMLDS-17, Noida, India, December 14 -15, 2017.
- Prasad Y., Biswas K. K. and Hanmandlu M.,"Variance based Particle Swarm Optimization for Function Optimization and Feature Selection", SEMCCO-15, Hyderabad, India, December 18-20, 2015.
- Prasad Y. and Biswas K. K., "Gene Selection in Microarray Datasets Using Progressively Refined PSO Scheme", AAAI 2015, Austin, Texas, USA, January 25-30, 2015.
- Prasad Y., Biswas K. K. and Singla P., "Scaling-Up Quadratic Programming Feature Selection", AAAI 2013, Bellevue, Washington, USA, July 14-18, 2013.
- Prasad Y., Biswas K. K. and Singla P., "Feature Selection using One Class SVM: A New Perspective", NIPS 2013 (MLCB), Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA, December 5-10, 2013.
- Prasad Y., Biswas K. K.,"Fuzzy rough based regularization in Generalized Multiple Kernel Learning", FSKD 2012, Sichuan, China, May 28-31, 2012.
- Prasad Y., Biswas K. K., "PSO - SVM Based Classifiers : A Comparative Approach", in International Conference on Contemporary Computing IC3 2010, Part-I. CCIS 94, pp. 241-252, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, Noida, India, August 9-11, 2010.
- Prasad Y., Jain C. K., "Modeling for Evaluation of Significant Features in siRNA Design", in International Conference on Contemporary Computing , IC3 2010, Part-I. CCIS 94, pp. 559-567, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, Noida, India, August 9-11, 2010.
- Prasad, Y., Biswas, K. K., and Jain, C. K., "SVM Classifier Based Feature Selection using GA, ACO and PSO for siRNA Design", in international Conference on Swarm Intelligence, ICSI 2010 ,Part-II, LNCS 6146, pp. 307-314, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, Beizing, China, June12-15, 2010.
- Jain, C.K., and Prasad, Y., "Feature selection for siRNA efficacy prediction using natural computation" , in international symposium on innovations in natural computing (INC09) with NaBIC09,Cochin, India, Dec.12-13, 2009 and also published in the IEEE proceedings of the World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (NaBIC'09), pp.1759-1764, 2009.
- Jain, C. K., Sharma, A., Sharma, S. K., and Shukla, Y P., "Frequency Distribution Analysis in 23S rRNA Sequences of Streptococcus & Helicobacter Sp. Using Mutual Information Theory", in WCECS 2008 proceedings, pp 21-23, San francisco, USA, Oct.22-24, 2008.
- Jain, S., Shukla, Y.P., and Jain, C.K., "A novel approach for turn prediction in protein structure", International Conference of Applied Bioengineering (iCAB07), pp.118-121, 5-7 December, Chennai, 2007.
- Jain, C.K., and Shukla, Y.P., "Computer aided Design for homologues of osmotin(Plant Stress protein): an Antidiabetic ligand" in National Conference on Emerging Trends in Drug Designing and Synthesis, Nagpur, Jan 2007.
- Jain, C.K., and Shukla, Y.P., "Microarray Data Analysis Using Optimized Natural Computation", in International Conference of Bioinformatics (INCOB'06), pp. 59, New Delhi, December.18-20, 2006.
- Shukla, Y.P., and Jain, C.K., "An Efficient Approach for High Performance SiRNA Design in Parkinson", in International Conference in Bioinformatics (INCOB'06), pp.107, New Delhi, December. 18-20, 2006.
Courses Studied (at PG level) in IIT Delhi
- Advanced Data Structures
- Database Systems
- Special Topics in Algorithms
- Special Topics in AI
- Pattern Recognition
Teaching Assintantship in IIT Delhi
- CSL864: Special Topics in AI
- CSL865: Special Topics in Computer Applications (Machine Learning)
- CSL341: Fundamentals of Machine Learning
- CSL101: Introduction to Computer Programming
Data Structures & Algorithms (2005 - 2009, Spring)
Introduction to Computer Programming etc. (2005 - 2009, Fall)
Data Mining (2016, Fall)
Machine Learning for Big Data (Deep Learning & Hadoop) (2017, Spring)
Natural Language Processing (Deep Learning) (2017, Spring)
Introduction to Machine Learning (2017, Spring, Ashoka Univ.)
Database & Web (2017, Summer)
Data Structures and Algorithms for Big Data (MapReduce) (2017, Fall)
Machine Learning & NLP (2017, Fall)
Dada Matlab documents
Dada Matlab documents patch