CSL838: Wireless Networks
- Instructor:Vinay Ribeiro
- Location: IIA-201 (Bharti Building)
- Time: Tu, We (6:00-7:20p.m.)
- Topics covered
- Overview: Wireless vs. Wired -- key differences, types of wireless networks and design constraints, emerging applications
- Wireless PHY layer: path modeling, modulation
- MAC layer: Cognitive Radio MAC (802.22, Weightless), WiFi, 3G, WiMAX/LTE (4G)
- Network layer: Ad Hoc networks
- Transport layer: TCP for wireless
- Other current wireless topics: Full Duplex wireless, Indoor Positioning using WiFi, HCI using RF signals
- Evaluation (tentative)
|Class Paper Presentation||10|
- Attendance Policy: You get 5 bonus marks if you don't bunk any class. You lose 1 bonus mark for each class bunked.
- Class Project
- Paper Reviews You will receive paper review request by email. You must write your own paper review. Read the paper by Philip Fong about how to review a paper:Reading a computer science research paper.