Digital Image Processing COL 783
Due Date (Extended): Aug 28, 2017
Assignment 1: Image Enhancement
This assignment deals with context aware image enhancement.
You are requireed to implement different modules of the paper .
- Start with Face Enhancement module. You can use the inbuilt function of
a face detector. The idea is to detect the face in an image specified through
a region within a rectangular window. In case you are unable to find/use the
face detector, you can mark the window manually.
- First work with monochramitc images. To obtain a monochromatic image you can
convert a color image to graysclae image using a built-in function. Compare
your results with simple histogram equalization.
- Implement the sky enhancement. For sky cloud decomposition you can use
approach as described in the paper or you can use swatches as used in the
- Implement shadowed saliency enhancment as described in the paper.
- Assignment can be done in a group of maximum size of two.
- The submission procedure: Shall be announced.
- For reading and writing images you may use built-in functions from a
library like ImageMagick/MATLAB/OpenCV.