CSL 862 - Advanced Compiler Construction
Goal of the course: At the end
of the course, students will have a fair understanding of some standard passes in a
general purpose compiler. Students will have hands on experience on implementing a
few program analyses techniques.
If the course encourages even a few of the students to pursue further studies in any of the
covered or related topics then the course definitely would have met its goals.
Slides for the Lectures:
- Time and Place: Tue, Thu, Fri 11-11.55AM, Class room # 425 (Seminar room), Department of CS.
- Teacher : V. Krishna Nandivada
- TA : Given up hope!.
- Office hours / Doubt sessions : After the classes and emails any time.
- Software, documentation and tools link is here.
- Submission guidelines.
- Discussion website is here
- Book 1: Advanced Compiler Design and Implementation: Steven Muchnick.
- Book 2: Principles of Compiler Design: A V Aho, R Sethi, J D Ullman.
- Paper 1: Linear Scan Register Allocation: Poletto and Sarkar.
- Paper 2: Constant Propagation with conditional branches: Wegman and Zadeck.
- Paper 3: Interprocedural constant propagation: Callahan, Cooper, Kennedy and Torczon.
- Regular Expressions, CFGs and Parsing Download. Deadline : Jan 19 2007 11.00AM. (5%)
- Type checking. Details. Deadline : Feb 02 2007 11.00AM. (7.5%)
- IR generration. Details. Deadline : Mar 02 2007 11.00AM. (7.5%)
- Constant Propagation Details. Deadline : Apr 06 2007 11.00AM (12.5%)
- Register Allocation. Details . Deadline: Apr 27 2007 (15%)
- Paper review. Details . Deadline: May 05 2007 (7.5%)
- Code Generation Details. Deadline: May 10 2007(Bonus)(7.5%)
Written Exams :
- Midterm exam (15%) on Tuesday Mar 6th 11-12.30pm. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor.
- Final exam (15%) on Wednesday May 9th 10-12.00pm. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor.