COL106: Data Structures and Algorithms
I Semester 2016-17
Late assignment policy
- No assignments will be accepted through any means apart from moodle submission. NO emailed assignments will be accepted.
- No late assignments will be accepted once the deadline has passed. Since we will be considering the best few assignments to calculate your score, you will get opportunities to make up for up to 2 assignments missed.
- In case of prolonged illness, you are advised to withdraw the semester. However, if the Dean advises against semester withdrawal and you have missed three or more assignments, I will consider allowing you to submit assignments late on a case by case basis. For 1 or 2 assignments missed I will not entertain your request even if it is a case of ill health.
Late demo policy
- This is the demo scheduling policy, it applies ONLY to those students who have
submitted assignments on moodle by the deadline, not to those who have not
been able to submit by the deadline.
- All demos will be held in lab times in a designated demo week. Demo week dates will be announced in advance via email (so please check your email regularly) and you will be expected to be in lab at the regular lab time on your designated day.
- If the lab hours are not sufficient for all demos, your TA may give you another time, but I will ask them to ensure that this time is within 2-3 days of your designated demo week slot.
- You will be required to produce a medical certificate to have your assignment evaluated if you miss your demo week date.
- ONLY for the 1st assignment you will be allowed to give a demo after your designated demo week day. If you give a late demo without a medical certificate you will incur a 20% penalty, i.e., your marks will be multiplied by 0.8 before entering into the spreadsheet. The late demo for Assignment 1 will be allowed till 2 weeks after your designate demo week day.
- An exception to these rules will be made only for those who are
hospitalised with a severe illness. In case you have had to go home
due to an illness but are not too ill to check your email, please
inform your TA of your illness and your tentative
date of return. I will request your TAs to make arrangements for a
later demo or demos and email submissions in such a case.
- "I did not check my email for x days" will not be considered a valid
excuse except for those who are severely ill. It is your responsibility
to check your IIT D email regularly. Even if you are not on campus you can
check your email over the Web, so please do not offer this excuse. We will
simply ignore it.
Updated: Sun Aug 14 08:49:27 IST 2016