COL106: Data Structures and Algorithms
I Semester 2015-16
Late assignment policy
- No assignments will be accepted through any means apart from moodle submission. NO emailed assignments will be accepted.
- No late assignments will be accepted once the deadline has passed. Since we will be considering the best few assignments to calculate your score, you will get opportunities to make up for up to 2 assignments missed.
- In case of prolonged illness, you are advised to withdraw the semester. However, if the Dean advises against semester withdrawal and you have missed three or more assignments, I will consider allowing you to submit assignments late on a case by case basis. For 1 or 2 assignments missed I will not entertain your request even if it is a case of ill health.
Late demo policy
- This is the demo policy, it applies ONLY to those students who have
submitted assignments on moodle by the deadline, not to those who have not
been able to submit by the deadline.
- When your TA sends you an email suggesting a time for demo or asking
for time you must respond as soon as possible.
- If your TA does not get a response from you within 24 hours of sending
an email to your IIT D account, he or she can go ahead and fix the time
slots for demos.
- Your TAs have been asked to send you one reminder, i.e., a total of two
emails, one to set the time and the second to remind you of the time.
- ONLY for the 1st assignment I have asked your TAs to send a third
reminder to those who have not given a demo after two emails. These people
will incur a penalty of 20% i.e. their marks will be multiplied by 0.8
before entering into the spreadsheet.
- Those students who do not give a demo despite two reminders (3 in the
case of the 1st assignment) will be given a zero. No demos will be taken
after the date given in the second reminder.
- An exception to rule 5 will be made only for those who are hospitalised
with a severe illness. In case you have had to go home due to an illness
but are not too ill to check your email, please respond to your TA and
inform them of your illness and your tentative date of return. I will
request your TAs to make arrangements for a later demo in such a case.
- "I did not check my email for x days" will not be considered a valid
excuse except for those who are severely ill. It is your *responsibility*
to check your IIT D email regularly. Even if you are not on campus you can
check your email over the Web, so please do not offer this excuse. We will
simply ignore it.
Updated: Sat Sep 19 13:04:54 IST 2015