COL106: Data Structures and Algorithms
I semester: 2015-16
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
11:00 - 11:50 AM
Please click here to see your marks in evaluations completed so far.
- 20%: I Minor Exam.
- 20%: II Minor Exam.
- 32%: Major Exam.
- 3%: Java lab viva.
- 25%: Programming assignments. Best 5 out of 7 will be counted.
Click here to find your TA's name and email address.
Click here to see your attendance so far.
Below are the links to the "teach yourself Java" module and the supporting code. You are required to solve all the exercises in the module.
All assignment submission is only through moodle. Emailed assignments will be deleted immediately.
Please click here for the late assignment and late demo policies.
- Assignment 1. Due by 11:55 PM, Monday, 7 September 2015. Download statement, code.
- Assignment 2. Due by 11:55 PM, Monday, 21 September 2015. Download statement, supporting files.
- Assignment 3. Due by 11:55 PM, Saturday, 26 September 2015. See statement of Assignment 2, supporting files.
- Assignment 4. Due by 11:55 PM, Sunday, 4 October 2015. Download statement, supporting files.
- Assignment 5. Due by 11:55 PM, Friday, 16 October 2015. Download statement, supporting files.
- Assignment 6. Due by 11:55 PM, Wednesday, 2 November 2015. Download statement, supporting files.
- Assignment 7. Due by 11:55 PM, Thursday, 12 November 2015. Download statement, supporting files.
Practice programming exercises
The following programming exercises are for practice only. No marks will be awarded. If you want to discuss your solution with your TA you must submit the solution on moodle. There is no deadline for these.
- Ungraded practice problem 1. Download statement.
Exam grading key
Below you will find a link to the solutions that were distributed to the TAs for grading along with the grading instructions. Please study this carefully before asking for re-evaluation.
- Minor 2.
- Minor 1. (Note: The diagrammatic solution of Q2.1 has been omitted in the pdf but the grading instructions are included. The diagrams can be viewed here: page 1, page 2.)
- On a separate piece of paper write out the question numbers of the questions you want re-evaluated. Staple this paper onto your exam paper. Failure to do this will mean your paper will be ignored.
- Give a detailed explanation of why you want re-evaluation for each part. If you simply say "Recheck Q2.1", this will be ignored and a -1 will be awarded.
- If we do not increase your marks in any question/part of a question you have asked us to re-evaluate we will award you -1 for that part.
- Minor 2 instuction: If you have been given a -1 for no name/no serial number, please do not submit your paper for re-checking it will be ignored. Some people were also given -2 for handing in their paper late in the exam room. No rechecking will be done for these students either.
Last updated: Fri Oct 2 09:11:42 IST 2015